Tattoo profile #1
You’ve probably figured out by now that here at Backyard Opera we’re pretty fond of tattoos. And with good reason, they’re fucking awesome. So, following up on our debut exhibition Not Tonight Mate, we’ve decided to put together a weekly tattoo profile feature for you good people - we’re that nice. So, without further ado…
1. My name is… Jason Moore
2. I hail from… Newcastle NSW 3. I got my first tattoo.. In Nelson Bay when I was 17.
4. I got it because… The tattooist didn't ask for ID and I had wanted to be tattooed all my life.. It was the first opportunity I'd had so I randomly chose something off the wall on the spot.
5. My first tattoo was… A single card with DAD in the top corner and MUM in the bottom opposite corner with a spade in the middle of the card. (It was crap and cost me $60 so I was stoked!)
6. My next tattoo will be… I'm working on a body suit. I’m currently filling in gaps around my collarbones and throat.
7. When I grow up, I want to… Be a millionaire!!
8. People always tell me… I'm doing well for myself to own 2 tattoo studios at such a young age
9. If I could do anything, I would… Make more money
10. Something people don't know about me… I'm self-made. A lot of people assume my parents bought my shops, my cars and other assets I own... They didn't... I've done it on my own.
11. Finally, pick one of your tattoos and tell us the story behind it… Ok. The tattoos on my left side of my face are for my son who didn't make it... He was stillborn on the 12.06.12 last year.
Thank you Jason ...