Tonight Only: Caleb Reid, New Works @ Lo-Fi
We caught up with Caleb for a quick chat before his exhibition A Lonely Hearts Affair With A Zoloft Patient to find out what we can expect… It’s happening tonight from 6pm at Lo-Fi. Get there, scope the work, and support some awesome local talent whilst sipping on a cold bevvy! Mmm.
1. I’m a 24 year old painter from Sydney.
2. The upcoming exhibition is a series of paintings based upon the common battle between our physical and mental states. The physical being truth and often the mental is an enemy.
3. My emotional state changes often and in large ranges. In these paintings I have tried to include as many different emotional states that I encounter while going through the process of making a picture. Instead of working for months on a picture that is trying to capture one emotion, I try and make a more versatile image by including my present moment each time I step to the canvas.
4. Expectations should never be taken to an exhibition.
5. Take every opportunity to draw in wet cement, we live in a controlled, grey world and we must fight it by drawing silly pictures.